Thanksgiving Tree



This year we're making an effort to be thankful during the month of Thanksgiving.  I thought a fun way for the kids to get excited about giving thanks to God, and to add some fall fun to our home, was to create a paper tree, that we could decorate each day with new leaves naming something we're thankful for.
I also wanted to make sure the kids know to whom we give thanks for everything we have, so I looked up bible verses on thankfulness and praise (ready to be glued onto a leaf).  
We added one of these each day to the tree as well.  There are more verses of thanks and praise than days in the month, more than I even listed here, but this is a good start.
  1. Deuteronomy 32:3
    I will proclaim the name of the LORD. Oh, praise the greatness of our God!
  2. 1 Chronicles 16:34
    Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.
  3. 1 Chronicles 29:13
    Now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise your glorious name.
  4. 2 Samuel 22:47
    “The LORD lives! Praise be to my Rock! Exalted be my God, the Rock, my Savior!
  5. Psalm 7:17
    I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness; I will sing the praises of the name of the LORD Most High.
  6. Psalm 9:1
    [ Psalm 9 ] For the director of music. To the tune of “The Death of the Son.” A psalm of David. I will give thanks to you, LORD, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.
  7. Psalm 35:18
    I will give you thanks in the great assembly; among the throngs I will praise you.
  8. Psalm 69:30
    I will praise God’s name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving.
  9. Psalm 95:2
    Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song.
  10. Psalm 100:4
    Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.
  11. Psalm 103:1
    Of David. Praise the LORD, my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
  12. Psalm 106:1
    Praise the LORD. Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.
  13. Psalm 107:1
    [ BOOK V Psalms 107–150 ] Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.
  14. Psalm 107:8
    Let them give thanks to the LORD for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for mankind,
  15. Psalm 118:1
    Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.
  16. Psalm 118:21
    I will give you thanks, for you answered me; you have become my salvation.
  17. Psalm 136:1
    Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good. His love endures forever.
  18. Psalm 136:2
    Give thanks to the God of gods. His love endures forever.
  19. Psalm 136:3
    Give thanks to the Lord of lords: His love endures forever.
  20. Psalm 136:26
    Give thanks to the God of heaven. His love endures forever.
  21. Isaiah 25:1
    [ Praise to the LORD ] LORD, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done wonderful things, things planned long ago.
  22. 1 Corinthians 1:4
    [ Thanksgiving ] I always thank my God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus.
  23. 1 Corinthians 15:57
    But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
  24. 2 Corinthians 2:14
    But thanks be to God, who always leads us as captives in Christ’s triumphal procession and uses us to spread the aroma of the knowledge of him everywhere.
  25. 2 Corinthians 9:15
    Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!
  26. Ephesians 5:20
    always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
  27. Philippians 1:3
    [ Thanksgiving and Prayer ] I thank my God every time I remember you.
  28. Colossians 3:17
    And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
  29. 1 Thessalonians 1:2
    [ Thanksgiving for the Thessalonians’ Faith ] We always thank God for all of you and continually mention you in our prayers.
  30. 1 Thessalonians 5:18
    give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
  31. Philemon 1:4
    [ Thanksgiving and Prayer ] I always thank my God as I remember you in my prayers,
  32. James 1:17
    Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
  33. Revelation 7:12
    saying: “Amen! Praise and glory and wisdom and thanks and honor and power and strength be to our God for ever and ever. Amen!”
Daddy, explaining the verse to the kids.

Thanking God.


No comments: