God is Love

I'm not the only momma who's brilliant.  My friend Shannon is brilliant too.  (She wouldn't want me saying that, but it's true so I'm saying it anyway.)

This Valentine's day, Shannon invited the kids and I to join her for a Valentine's breakfast.

Before the kids ate, Shannon talked to them about the source of love.  She asked how we have the ability to love other people.  Where does that ability come from?  And she reminded them of how God loved us even while we were still His enemies (Romans 5:8).  Then she encouraged them to seek the love of Jesus first before any other love, that Jesus could be their first Valentine.  After a prayer of thanks, they ate a yummy breakfast.


And then each child received a small bunch of flowers with a little tag reminding them of God's love (1 John 4:19).

What a great way to start Valentine's day off right.  Brilliant.

No comments: